Addiction is a serious issue that requires an individualized approach for successful recovery. Behavioral therapies like dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) can be a powerful tool in helping individuals fight addiction and achieve long-term sobriety. At Spokane Falls Recovery Center, we use DBT as part of our comprehensive addiction treatment programs. Our experienced clinicians are trained in DBT and provide treatment plans to help our patients learn how to manage their emotions and behaviors to lead healthier lifestyles.
Spokane Falls Recovery Center programs are tailored to each individual’s needs, allowing us to create a unique recovery plan that works best for them. To learn more about dialectical behavior therapy for addiction, reach out to us at 844.962.2775 today. We are here to help you start your journey to a healthier and happier life.
What Is Dialectical Behavior Therapy?
Dialectical behavior therapy, commonly referred to as DBT, is a form of psychotherapy that focuses on developing valuable life skills for managing overwhelming emotions. It was initially designed to treat borderline personality disorder but has since been adapted to help individuals struggling with:
- Eating disorders
- Substance use issues
- Suicidal ideation
DBT is an evidenced-based approach that combines aspects of cognitive-behavioral therapy with mindfulness practices. It teaches individuals how to identify and regulate their emotions, improve communication skills, and maintain healthy relationships. By using compassionate and practical techniques, DBT empowers individuals to take control of their lives and work towards a fulfilling future. If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, DBT can be an effective tool for recovery.
Benefits of Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Addiction
At Spokane Falls Recovery Center, we understand the importance of finding the right treatment plan for our patients. Our experienced clinicians are trained in DBT and provide therapy to help individuals struggling with addiction. Here are just a few of the benefits DBT can have on those seeking recovery:
- Improving emotion regulation skills – One of the primary goals of DBT is to help individuals learn how to manage their emotions effectively. This can be especially useful for those struggling with addiction as it can reduce the risk of relapse and cravings.
- Increasing self-awareness – Through DBT, individuals gain insight into their behaviors and better understand themselves and how they interact with the world around them.
- Enhancing interpersonal skills – DBT teaches individuals how to better communicate with others, build relationships, and develop healthier coping mechanisms when interacting with their environment.
At Spokane Falls Recovery Center, our compassionate clinicians are dedicated to helping our patients create personalized plan for recovery. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to start living a healthier and happier life, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
Are You a Candidate for DBT?
If you or someone you care about is struggling with addiction, dialectical behavior therapy can be an effective tool for recovery. To determine if DBT could be suitable for your recovery, consider these factors:
- Are you committed to recovery?
- Are you open to exploring your behaviors and emotions?
- Do you have a support system in place?
- Are you willing to work with a therapist on setting goals and developing skills for managing distressful situations?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, dialectical behavior therapy could be a beneficial approach for your recovery. Reach out to Spokane Falls Recovery Center today to learn more about how DBT can help you start living a healthier and happier life.
Find Help from Spokane Falls Recovery Center’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Spokane, Washington
If you are searching for dialectical behavior therapy in the Washington area, look no further than Spokane Falls Recovery Center. We offer our patients evidence-based treatment for substance use disorders that is holistic and individualized. Our clinicians are experienced in DBT and provide personalized care that is tailored to each patient’s needs.