Cocaine is a highly addictive powder that is made from the leaves of the coca plant. The high is short-lived but euphoric, and cocaine produces prolonged periods of increased energy. The feelings of energy and positivity produced by a cocaine high can intensify its psychological addictiveness.
Because of its potency, a substance abuse treatment program in Spokane, WA, is essential for those trying to end their use. Do not hesitate to reach out to Spokane Falls Recovery Center at 844.962.2775 to learn more about a substance abuse treatment program that would suit you and your recovery goals.
Signs of Cocaine Abuse
Identifying cocaine abuse is important, as early intervention can significantly increase your or a loved one’s chances of successful recovery. The signs of cocaine use can be both physical and behavioral.
Physical signs include:
- Dilated pupils
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Nausea or loss of appetite
Behavioral signs may include:
- Agitation or irritability
- Paranoid thoughts or delusions
- Hyperactive behavior or talking rapidly
- Risky behavior, such as reckless spending or unsafe sexual activity
If you believe you need a substance abuse treatment program, ask yourself the following questions as you think about your cocaine use:
- Does using cocaine cause money problems in your life?
- Do you need to use cocaine to socialize or feel positive?
- Have you ever been in legal trouble or at your job related to your cocaine use?
- Have you seen a decline in your performance at work or school because of using cocaine?
- Do you sometimes neglect your work, school, or family responsibilities because of cocaine use?
- Have you engaged in risky behaviors because of using cocaine?
- Have you lied about how much or how often you use cocaine with friends or family?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is an indication that your cocaine use is starting to interfere with your freedom to make healthy life choices.
Health Effects of Cocaine Use
Cocaine can cause severe health effects. They can include:
- Weight loss and malnutrition
- Dilated pupils
- Premature aging
- Irregular heartbeat and heart congestion
- Liver or kidney failure
- Heart attacks, stroke, and lung damage
- Memory loss
- Anxiety, paranoia, and irritability
- Sudden aggression and emotional instability
- Fatal overdose
In addition, for pregnant people, using crack or cocaine can cause miscarriages and stillbirths and increase the risk of premature labor. If the baby survives, it may suffer from growth deformities and severe withdrawal symptoms after birth
Symptoms of Withdrawal from Cocaine
The fast, intense euphoria that comes from using crack is one reason it is so addictive. The after-effects of a very intense and emotional high make the crash that follows extremely difficult to tolerate. Along with severe psychological symptoms, crack, or cocaine withdrawal can include:
- Severe cravings
Individuals who try to quit on their own often fail as the withdrawal symptoms set in. Medication-assisted treatment that decreases withdrawal symptoms is a standard start to recovery from cocaine addiction.
Cocaine Rehab and Addiction Treatment Programs Can Help
Through cocaine addiction treatment, you can participate in a range of addiction treatment programs that can help. Such a variety ensures that you receive the full continuum of care you need to achieve recovery. Program options include the following:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – A PHP allows individuals to participate in structured schedules at a treatment center while still living in their homes. While this program offers a similar structure to a residential program, the patient can return to their home at the end of the day.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – An IOP offers more freedom than higher-level programs while still providing individual individualized patient care.
- Outpatient treatment program – Individuals have the most freedom during this program while still receiving the support they need for long-term recovery.
The Spokane Falls Recovery Center team can help you determine which programs are best suited for your needs during your time in cocaine and crack addiction treatment.
Find a Cocaine Addiction Treatment Program in Spokane, WA, at Spokane Falls Recovery Center
If using cocaine or crack is causing problems in your life, we can help you find your way to sobriety and recovery. We can help you find solutions for managing the health effects of withdrawal and the structure and support you need during early sobriety. We applaud your desire to change your behaviors and believe your effort and determination will yield life-changing results. Contact Spokane Falls Recovery Center at 844.962.2775 to learn about your cocaine addiction treatment options.