Cocaine is a highly addictive powder that is made from the leaves of the coca plant. Crack is an even more powerful and addictive variant that comes in rock crystals and is smoked. The high is short-lived but euphoric, and both crack and cocaine produce prolonged periods of increased energy. The feelings of energy and positivity produced by a cocaine or crack high intensify its psychological addictiveness. Because of its potency, cocaine and crack addiction treatment in Spokane, WA, is essential for those trying to end their use.
Signs of Cocaine Dependency or Addiction
If you believe you need substance abuse treatment programs, ask yourself the following questions as you think about your cocaine or crack use.
- Does using cocaine cause money problems in your life?
- Do you need to use cocaine to socialize or feel positive?
- Have you ever been in legal trouble, or trouble at your job, related to your cocaine use?
- Have you seen a decline in your performance at work or school because of using cocaine?
- Do you sometimes neglect your work, school, or family responsibilities because of cocaine use?
- Have you engaged in risky behaviors because of using cocaine (such as driving while high or engaging in risky sexual behaviors)?
- Have you lied about how much or how often you use cocaine to friends or family members?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is an indication that your cocaine use is starting to interfere with your freedom to make healthy life choices.
Health Effects of Cocaine or Crack Use
Crack and cocaine both cause severe health effects, although the health effects of crack tend to be more severe. They can include:
- Weight loss and malnutrition
- Dilated pupils
- Premature aging
- Irregular heartbeat and heart congestion
- Liver or kidney failure
- Heart attacks, stroke, and lung damage
- Memory loss
- Anxiety, paranoia, and irritability
- Sudden aggression and emotional instability
- Fatal overdose
- For pregnant people: use of crack or cocaine can cause miscarriages, stillbirths, and increase the risk of premature labor. If the baby survives, it may suffer from growth deformities and severe withdrawal symptoms after birth
Symptoms of Withdrawal from Cocaine
The very fast, intense euphoria that comes from using crack is one reason why it is so addictive. The after-effects of a very intense and emotional high make the crash that follows extremely difficult to tolerate. Along with severe psychological symptoms, crack or cocaine withdrawal can include:
- Severe cravings
Individuals who try to quit on their own often fail as the withdrawal symptoms set in. Medication-assisted treatment that decreases withdrawal symptoms is a common start to recovery from cocaine addiction.
Addiction Treatment Programs Can Help
Through cocaine and crack addiction treatment, you are able to participate in a range of addiction treatment programs that can help. Such a variety ensures that you receive the full continuum of care you need to achieve recovery.
Program options include the following:
- Partial hospitalization program– A PHP allows individuals to participate in structured schedules at a treatment center while still living in their homes. While this program offers a similar structure to that of a residential program, the client is able to return to their own home at the end of the day.
- Intensive outpatient program– IOP offers more freedom compared to higher-level programs while still providing individual individualized care to clients.
- Addiction outpatient program– Individuals have the most freedom during this program while still receiving the support they need for long-term recovery.
The team at Spokane Falls Recovery Center can help you determine which programs are best suited for your needs during your time in cocaine and crack addiction treatment.
Seeking Cocaine and Crack Addiction Treatment
If using cocaine or crack is causing problems in your life, we can help you find your way to sobriety and to recovery. We can help you find solutions for managing the health effects of withdrawal, as well as the structure and support you need during early sobriety. We applaud your desire to change your behaviors, and we believe that your effort and determination will yield life-changing results. Contact Spokane Falls Recovery Center to learn about your options for cocaine and crack addiction treatment.