Our Rehab Admissions Process
Let us be the first step in your recovery.
Are you ready to make a choice for your health and your future? We are ready to welcome you with open arms and offer support along every step of the way. We encourage everyone who is struggling with addiction to pursue treatment as a way to find a changed life. Entering an addiction treatment program at Spokane Falls Recovery Center gives you the opportunity to change your behaviors and choices, and ultimately to change your life. Our clinicians will treat you with dignity, empathy, and professionalism throughout the rehab admissions process and our programs.
Here are the steps to begin the process of change.
1. Call Us
It starts with a phone call. On the phone, our staff will be able to answer your questions, discuss your concerns, and explore your options and choices. We can talk about how to move forward in the admissions process. If you have needs that we can’t meet, we will tell you, and we’ll help you find a program that will be a better match for you.
We are only a phone call away, and there is no cost or commitment to start the conversation about our programs. If you happen to reach our voicemail when you call, please leave a brief message. We’ll call you back as soon as possible. We want to speak to you!
2. Answer Brief Intake Questions
When we talk with you on the phone, our admissions specialist will ask questions about your substance use, to gather information and help us understand your needs.
You don’t need to do any special preparation for the intake questions. They will be easy for you to answer based on what you already know, and we encourage you to be as forthcoming as possible. You’ll be talking to someone who understands.
3. Discuss Cost and Insurance Information
The cost of treatment can feel scary, but financial worries shouldn’t keep you from calling us. We understand the concern about paying for treatment, and we can talk with you honestly and directly about what your options are. We are extremely experienced in working with insurance companies to understand what they do and do not cover for you, to avoid unpleasant surprises about payment. We work with insurance companies every day to advocate for the needs of the individuals we serve.
- If you have insurance, we can talk with your insurance company to determine exactly what your plan covers. With your permission, we can find out payment details specific to your situation, even down to costs based on what you’ve paid on your deductible this year. Insurance is complicated, but we can help!
- If you want or need a different payment option, let our staff know. We can talk with you about payment options and processes, and see how we can make things work.
- If your insurance doesn’t cover our care, or there are other financial issues, we can clearly explain the situation to you. If there are financial barriers we can’t overcome, we can make referrals to other trusted programs in the Spokane community that can help you.
- If you want to start with financial questions, you can provide some additional insurance information for us to look into. We’ll receive your information and do the research necessary to find out what is covered for you.