When you are ready to seek treatment for substance use, you will discover many levels of treatment available. A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is one valuable treatment option for you or a loved one. PHP provides a residential program’s structure and intensive treatment, but patients do not live at the treatment center. Some patients may choose a sober living environment when they attend a PHP, while others live at home.
The PHP at Spokane Falls Recovery Center typically lasts for 30 days when patients transition to our intensive outpatient or outpatient program. PHP is not suitable for everyone. To learn more about PHP and whether or not this level of treatment is best for you, call 844.962.2775.
Is a PHP Right for Me?
While PHP is a full-time program, usually 30 hours per week over five days, it offers much greater flexibility than residential treatment and is more affordable. Because it can be challenging to be objective about your degree of substance abuse or addiction, a professional intake specialist will help determine if a PHP is well-suited to your needs. Consider the following when thinking about choosing a partial hospitalization program:
- Do you require 24-hour supervision or care?
- Are you transitioning from residential treatment and need more support?
- Do family and work responsibilities make you unable to attend residential treatment?
- Do you have a living environment that supports your recovery?
- Is your current outpatient program not providing enough support?
- Are you experiencing difficulty maintaining your daily responsibilities because of your substance use?
- Have you recently experienced a relapse?
PHP is not suitable for those in danger of harming themselves or others or whose level of substance use disorder is severe. PHP is also inappropriate for individuals who do not have a stable living environment and a solid support system.
The Benefits of Choosing a Partial Hospitalization Program
A partial hospitalization program can benefit individuals who do not require around-the-clock care but still need highly structured intensive treatment. Learning how to relate with others as a sober person is a critical part of the process of recovery. Participation in a PHP allows patients to practice the skills they learn in treatment when they are home at night and on the weekends.
In addition to being a practical and effective treatment option for a wide range of substance use, other benefits of choosing a partial hospitalization program include:
- It allows you to keep up with personal responsibilities.
- A PHP provides structure and support.
- It is less expensive than residential treatment.
- Patients develop improved coping, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- It offers built-in peer support.
- It helps patients transition back into independent living.
A partial hospitalization program is not appropriate for everyone. However, it is an effective treatment option for individuals motivated for change who need structure and accountability while still tending to family and work or school obligations.
Reach Out to Spokane Falls Recovery Center when Choosing a PHP
At Spokane Falls Recovery Center, our PHP is one piece of a full continuum of care. Our programs meet patients where they are. To that end, in addition to a partial hospitalization program, we offer:
- Assessment and intervention
- Detox programs
- Residential treatment
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Outpatient treatment program (OP)
- Court-ordered treatment and legal support services
- Individual, group, and family therapy
While PHP has many benefits, it is not suitable for everyone. When you are ready to seek help, our intake specialists can help determine if our PHP is the best fit for your needs. No matter the level of treatment you require, at Spokane Falls Recovery Center, we can provide you with top-rated care to support your recovery journey. Learn more about PHP and other treatment options by calling 844.962.2775. Our team is ready to help you get started today.