If you are questioning your relationship with drugs and alcohol, an excellent first step is to take our confidential online self-assessment. This brief questionnaire is not a substitute for a professional evaluation. Still, it is an informal tool that can help you take an honest look at your substance use and its impact on your life. Depending on your answers, you might consider getting a complete evaluation at Spokane Falls Recovery Center, where an addiction assessment and intervention are the first steps toward life-long recovery.
Our clinical team gains insight into your history and current circumstances through assessment and intervention, which helps form the direction of your treatment planning. Our highly trained and experienced intake clinicians rely on criteria developed from the American Society for Addiction Medicine (ASAM) guidelines to determine the level of treatment best suited to your needs. Call 844.962.2775 when you are ready to take this critical first step.
What Happens During Addiction Screening and Assessment?
The main goal of addiction screening and assessment is to help determine what level of care you need to have the best chance at a successful recovery. The screening determines whether or not you have a substance use disorder, and the assessment evaluates the severity. The assessment interview is lengthy, typically 60 to 90 minutes, and detailed. Being as honest as possible is essential to receiving the most effective treatment. Remember, no one is judging you and all of your answers are confidential.
Questions asked during addiction screening and assessment focus on the following:
- Your substance use history
- Your current patterns of substance use
- Family history of substance use
- Current and past mental health issues
- Physical health and medical issues
- Personal history and current circumstances
Common Questions to Expect During Addiction Assessment
Addiction screening and assessment include direct questions about your past and present substance use patterns. This screening will help determine whether or not you have a substance use disorder and, if so, to what degree. While these questions will feel deeply personal, they are solely designed to help the treatment team develop an accurate assessment of your treatment needs. Common questions to expect include, but are not limited to the following:
- Has anyone ever suggested that you quit or cut back on your drug or alcohol use?
- Have you experienced financial, legal, work-related, or relationship problems resulting from your drug or alcohol use?
- Has your drug or alcohol use affected your reputation?
- Does drinking or using drugs impact your ability to tend to daily responsibilities or self-care?
- Have you been unable to keep promises to yourself or others about controlling your drug or alcohol use?
- Do you drink or use by yourself, or have you ever hidden your substance use?
- Have you developed a tolerance, or do you experience withdrawal symptoms when not using drugs or alcohol?
These pointed questions give your treatment team an understanding of your habits and behaviors surrounding your substance use. Our team at Spokane Falls Recovery Center understands that this process can be challenging. Therefore, we ensure that you receive the utmost compassion, empathy, and respect throughout your addiction screening and assessment.
Begin Your Recovery at Spokane Falls Recovery Center
Addiction is a disease that impacts the lives of everyone it touches. At Spokane Falls Recovery Center, our goal is to help patients access the appropriate level of care for their circumstances. Addiction screening and assessment is the first step in this process. We offer a full continuum of care with a complete range of evidence-based and holistic treatment modalities because we know effective treatment cannot be a one-size-fits-all approach. Contact us at 844.962.2775 when you are ready to begin your recovery.