When an individual decides to seek professional treatment for substance abuse and addiction, the different types of treatment centers and programs can seem overwhelming. How can you tell if a residential detox center is a suitable place for you or your loved one? Several qualities can help you select a high-quality residential treatment program. When looking for a good inpatient detox center in Spokane, Washington, it can be a good choice due to its proximity to Seattle and its many positive qualities. Finding a good residential detox program in Spokane, WA, is easy when you know what to look for.
What Qualities Will a High-Quality Residential Detox Center Have?
Ultimately, each person’s needs are different; therefore, not every treatment program will be a good fit for every patient. However, some essential elements should be present. Looking for those elements can help you know whether a treatment program is high-quality and will be helpful and effective for you or your loved one. Some of those elements are:
- Continuity of care – A residential treatment program should have different levels of care to help patients transition through their recovery process or have relationships with programs that offer those other levels of care.
- Highly-trained staff – Clinicians and caregivers working in residential substance abuse treatment should all hold proper licensing and professional certifications.
- Up-to-date treatment approach – Treatments and therapies should be based on the most current understanding of best substance abuse and addiction treatment practices.
- Individualized care – Patients should receive treatment plans designed to meet their needs. Patients and clinicians should ideally work together to set goals and strategize.
- Site accreditation from a national organization – The best residential treatment centers hold accreditation from an organization that is nationally recognized, such as The Joint Commission. These types of accreditation are only awarded to programs that adhere to an extremely high standard of care.
Why Choose Residential Treatment?
Many patients choose residential treatment when their solo attempts to stop using substances have been unsuccessful. Studies have shown that patients who complete a professional treatment program have a greater chance of maintaining their recovery over time. Although most people would probably prefer to remain at home, a residential setting can be far safer and more secure for someone just beginning their recovery journey and facing the process of withdrawal.
Patients are monitored around the clock to ensure they are safe and comfortable. Also, intensive therapy can help jumpstart recovery while shielding the patient from temptations or relapse triggers. Another benefit of residential treatment is that the patients can begin to form relationships based on sobriety, which will support them as they progress in recovery.
Residential treatment is not only for people detoxing from drugs or alcohol. It can also be a good choice for those who need to focus on recovery without outside distractions. If you have been to outpatient treatment and relapsed or feel like you need more structure and support than outpatient care can provide, residential treatment may be your best next step. Contact our Spokane Falls Recovery Center team to learn more about our residential detox center in Spokane, Washington.
How Long Does Residential Treatment Last and What Happens Next?
Everyone’s treatment journey is different because every person is different. How long a patient will need to remain in residential treatment depends on factors like:
- How long has the patient been using substances
- How much has the patient been using
- The patient’s overall state of health
- Potential co-occurring disorders such as anxiety or depression
Some patients will choose to transition to other levels of care after completing a residential detox program. These include intensive outpatient programs, partial hospitalization programs, weekly counseling, or sober living residences.
Spokane Falls Recovery Center Offers Residential Detox Center
Our treatment center in Spokane, Washington, is accredited by The Joint Commission, meaning that our programs use the most effective and helpful therapies and treatments. Reach out to our highly trained and compassionate clinicians today at 844.962.2775 and let us guide you on your journey to a lasting recovery.